Ongo is thanking their customers and colleagues for another successful year of 100% safety checks, strengthened partnerships and adapting to the latest national regulatory changes.
Safety checks, servicing, contract management and documentation is all managed by Ongo’s Building Compliance team. Currently these areas are at 100% for being completed within required timescales.
The majority of these checks rely on customers providing access to their homes. Ongo currently has a first-time access rate of 81.3% for annual gas servicing, which is a real achievement.
They are also consistently achieving results above The Council for Registered Gas Installers (Corgi) national average for gas servicing.
Corgi’s average for work correct is 91% and correct documentation held 84%. During their last audit in February 2023, Ongo were at 100% for both.
Along with this work, the introduction of new legislation including the Fire Safety Act 2021, Building Safety Act 2022, Smoke and Carbon Monoxide Alarm Regulations 2022 and Fire Safety (England) Regulations 2023, has meant the team refocussing priorities and implementing procedures to ensure they are in line with the changes.
Members of the team continue to be recognised within the industry. This year as finalists at the ASCP Safety & Compliance Awards, following wins in the Rising Star and Women in Compliance categories in previous years.
Partnerships with Humberside Fire and Rescue have continued to strengthen, with information sharing and work between the two demonstrating a real joined up approach.
Some other key achievements include:
- Numerous internal, quality assurance and third-party audits carried out
- Maintaining the Corgi Gas Safety accreditation
- Achieving the National Inspection Council for Electrical Installation Contracting (NICEIC) Approved Contractor status
- Successful installation of carbon monoxide detectors in all homes requiring them
- New signage and building plans for high-rise buildings
- Fire door inspection programme commenced, and information delivered to all relevant homes
- Targeted campaigns and information published throughout the year
- New and existing Ongo policies and procedures reviewed
- Delivering presentations and being called upon to share knowledge and best practice
Emma Atkinson, Building Compliance Manager at Ongo said: “Keeping everyone safe is our priority, and I am very proud of the whole team and what we consistently achieve. I would like to say a massive personal thank you to them all for their passion and dedication.
“Listening to customers, providing a good service and educating them as much as we can on the importance of building safety and compliance checks is something we continue to work hard on.
“I’d also like to thank our customers for their help and welcome any who would like to be involved in all things building safety to get in touch with us.
“We hope to continue building on this success, making our homes and communities as safe as they can be.”
To find out more about Ongo or their compliance practices, head to the website: www.ongo.co.uk