Affordability must go hand in hand with housing quality and how to make social housing a tenure of choice. Read PlaceShapers response to Affordable Housing Commission
5 April 2019 more...
Glad you clicked through but you’ll need to come back on Wednesday 29 June to find out about We Work. Trust us, there’s going to be some amazing stories showing how PlaceShapers up and down the country change people’s lives...
More than a quarter of the top 50 affordable housing developments published by Inside Housing on 10 May 2013 are PlaceShapers.
The magazine published the 2013 list after a panel of judges scrutinised a stack of entries to find affordable and social housing projects that really stand out.
A special supplement featuring the top 50 has been endorsed by the Homes and Communities Agency. It includes 12 PlaceShaper organisations coming from the north east down to the south coast. One member, Origin Housing, has three developments featured with one of its projects also in the top five sustainable schemes list.
The successful listing comes on the back of PlaceShaper’s ‘Build Local’ publication that was launched at its recent national conference by Housing Minister, Mark Prisk MP.
Build Local features 12 case studies that show how to build high-quality homes in thriving communities, despite the property market slump. PlaceShapers, Shepherds Bush Housing Group along with Accord Group and Coastline Housing, feature in the publication and also made it into Inside Housing’s top 50.
Paul Doe, chief executive of Shepherds Bush Housing Group, said: “The judges were looking for inspiring schemes with strong local impact and often adding value beyond bricks and mortar. PlaceShapers’ commitment to locally initiated attractive developments shines through in this top 50 list.”
Tony Stacey, chair of PlaceShapers, added: “I am delighted to see so many of our members feature in yet another ‘top’ listing following the stunning representation of PlaceShapers in 24housing’s PowerPlayers and The Sunday Times Best 100 Companies awards. These accolades are testament to our ability to build quality homes at scale by working with our partners for the benefit of local people and to create national impact.”
Full list of featured organisations and developments:
1. Accord Group: Walsall Waterfront, Walsall
2. Aspire Housing: The Orchard, Chesterton, Newcastle-under-Lyme
3. Coastline Housing: Trevithick View, Camborne, Cornwall
4. Cross Keys Homes: Heltwate, Bretton, Peterborough
5. Equity Housing Group: Royal Oak Brewery, Stockport
6. Gentoo: Greater Eston Eco Village, South Bank, Cleveland
7. Knowsley Housing Trust: Tiverton Close, Knowsley (now First Ark)
8. Mount Green Housing Association: Hopfields Close, Farnham
9. Origin Housing: Archway Heights, Archway Road, London
10. Origin Housing: Boxtree Lane, Harrow
11. Origin Housing: The Move, Loudoun Road, London
12. Poplar HARCA: Brownfield estate, Poplar, London
13. Shepherds Bush Housing Group: Dawes Road, Fulham
14. Town & Country Housing Group: Dalby Square, Cliftonville, Margate
Placeshapers retweeted Becky Whitmore
Glad to see this response to the vile leaflet and that it's not from the parish council.
14 Apr 2019
Placeshapers retweeted Paul Hackett
Much as I applaud government for this initiative it’s only part of story. 1.4m low-income households depend on #PRS… https://t.co/ppjTw4zeRa
15 Apr 2019
Placeshapers retweeted Rachael Orr
Great news the Govt plans to stop short-notice evictions for tenants. Long overdue. Well done to @Shelter… https://t.co/v5EFg7e721
15 Apr 2019
Spring star builders
Click here to discover how Placeshapers in the South West & Wales are providing new, exciting and diverse housing to the region. more...