Her Royal Highness The Princess Royal visits Village 135 and meets Common Purpose delegates from across the Commonwealthmore...
Wythenshawe Community Housing Group
A Manchester based community landlord, improving homes and helping regenerate Wythenshawe. It formed on April 1 2013 following a new group structure of Willow Park Housing Trust and Parkway Green Housing Trust
Kevin Lowry, Interim Group Chief Executive
0300 1110000 or 0800 6335500
|Homes managed||Homes to be built to 2022/23|
|General needs social housing units managed||Housing for older people, supported housing and care home units managed||Low cost home ownership units||Temporary social housing||Non-social housing|
|General needs social housing units managed||13293|
|Housing for older people, supported housing and care home units managed||111|
|Low cost home ownership units||670|
|Temporary social housing||0|
Wythenshawe Community Housing Group news
Wythenshawe Community Housing Group (WCHG) are delighted to announce that their flagship Extra Care Scheme Village 135, won the ‘Best Independent Living Scheme’ category at the Pinders Healthcare & Design Awards 2018,more...
RT @WPLifestyleCent: #Easter @wythenshawe_chg https://t.co/OyjPqdwpvb
20th Apr, 2019
Social return on investments
The vision of Wythenshawe Community Housing Group (WCHG) is to create a community where people choose to live and work, having pride in their homes and services.
As a social business, WCHG deliver numerous benefits to the people of Wythenshawe, above and beyond providing a home. Measuring the social impact reveals the difference these benefits make to the people of Wythenshawe.
For the 2014/15 financial year we evaluated our social impact across five key themes of work:
- Financial Inclusion; we offer tenants advice on budgeting, welfare rights and managing debt. The service aims to support tenants in keeping their homes, prevent evictions and reduce costs.
- Employment and Skills; we offers a range of support to help local residents develop and increase their skills and to move into sustained employment.
- Youth and Education; we provide a range of services for children and young people including after school clubs, youth clubs and technology learning programmes.
- Health and Wellbeing; we provide a range of services designed to improve the health and wellbeing of local people including supporting community centres, providing sports and leisure activities and encouraging volunteering.
- Community Safety; our community safety strategy aims to improve the quality of life for local residents by helping to reduce antisocial behaviour and crime.
We also evaluated our investment in local employees (46% live in the local area) and the benefits of bringing our planned roofing service in-house; creating more jobs and opportunities for local people.
More detail on the activities, outcomes and social value delivered on each theme is available in our Social Impact Report at http://www.wchg.org.uk/socialimpact2015/
Why we joined PlaceShapers
"We are delighted to be a member of Placeshapers, as its through working in partnership and sharing best practice with other registered social landlords that will help us deliver our vision to put tenants at the heart of everything we do and deliver a brighter future for Wythenshawe. We believe that by sharing knowledge and working together we will be in a stronger position to achieve all we can for our communities and future generations: as it's not just the homes we look after, but the communities and the areas that surround them and being a member of Placeshapers with help us achieve this vision."