Carol joins the team, as Barry prepares for retirementmore...
Two Rivers Housing
Garry King, Chief Executive
0800 316 0897, Garry.King@2rh.org.uk
|Homes managed||Homes to be built to 2022/23|
|General needs social housing units managed||Housing for older people, supported housing and care home units managed||Low cost home ownership units||Temporary social housing||Non-social housing|
|General needs social housing units managed||3258|
|Housing for older people, supported housing and care home units managed||594|
|Low cost home ownership units||155|
|Temporary social housing||0|
Two Rivers Housing news
Happy #WorldAnimalDay everyone. #together4animals. We've got beautiful forest/woodland on our doorsteps, let's sho… https://t.co/7nq5coEhct
4th Oct, 2019
Two Rivers Housing was established in 2003 and we have always regarded ourselves as ‘more than just a landlord’.
Many of our tenants simply want an affordable roof over their head and we’re very happy to provide that, while others will benefit directly – and indirectly – from the wider range of extras available.
- HomePlus service for our older and more vulnerable residents, providing additional support through a dedicated Neighbourhood Assistant who can help them stay living safely and independently in their own homes.
- Welfare, benefits and debt advice is available to all our tenants and the team has an excellent track record. Last year they helped tenants to claim £465,000 of benefits they were entitled to, helped them to manage £173,000 of debt and sourced another £39,000 of additional income.
- Adaptations support to help our tenants maintain their dignity and stay in their home as long as possible. We spend more than £100,000 each year adapting properties to meet their needs, whether it’s providing grab-rails, ramps or lever taps, or it’s supporting larger-scale projects in conjunction with Occupational Therapists.
- Tenancy compliance officers manage disputes and complaints of nuisance or anti-social behaviour involving our tenants. They aim to resolve them amicably although they will take legal action when they need to.
- HandypersonPlus DIY service available to all tenants in return for a modest fee. Help may come in the form of garden clearance, grass or hedge-cutting, interior decorating and plumbing in a dishwasher or washing machine.
- A regular and varied programme of learning and social activities – many are centred around our HomePlus schemes but some are open to all, including non-residents.
- Support for community projects that help to bring people from all walks of life together and offer greater benefits to local neighbourhoods. We have helped to attract funding for a wide variety of initiatives including a boxing club, play equipment, a nature walk, a social enterprise café and village hall refurbishments.
Social return on investments
People who work for Two Rivers Housing take pride in delivering a great service, and many of them are equally driven by the need to offer something extra that extends beyond simply doing their job.
We are developing our thoughts on how to quantify this ‘something extra’ and to put a monetary value against it but, in the meantime, we will carry on doing what we’re doing, exploring new initiatives and seeing the benefits from those we support.
- Offering apprenticeships in office-based administrative roles, plumbing, carpentry and general maintenance.
- Working with our key contractors to offer work experience for those interested in a career in the construction industry.
- Giving every member of staff one day per year to support a community project which has seen numerous gardening, decorating and minor building projects completed.
- Attending careers events at local secondary schools.
- Offering support to tenants in financial difficulty by helping them to source previously-untapped benefits, manage their debts and learn budgeting skills.
- Lending monitors to tenants so they can see how much electricity they use and which appliances and lights are the most energy-hungry, helping them to cut their bills. We will also help them to see if they would benefit from switching their energy supplier.
- Extending our Junior Warden scheme to local primary schools to encourage pupils to become ambassadors for the area where they live.
- Holding regular fundraising events to raise money for local and national charities through monthly dress-down days, raffles, cake sales and holding collections for the local foodbank and the Salvation Army Christmas toy appeal. Many of our main contractors have also joined us in making donations to these collections.
- Organising a variety of community events open to tenants and non-tenants, although aimed at people in greatest financial and social need. These include our Holiday Club, digital training, Family Feast, soft bowls and kurling.
- Creating two subsidiary businesses – Centigen Facilities Management and TwoCan property agency – to save us money and generate new income that will be used to support people who need affordable homes.
Why we joined PlaceShapers
Our key priorities are our customers, regeneration and community investment. The PlaceShapers Group is an important collective voice for organisations like Two Rivers Housing that strongly believe in the importance of community and working closely to deliver community benefits on a human scale.